Traveling is not just about seeing new places, but it is also about observing and learning from different cultures of the world.
Every place we visited left us with a big collection of feelings and lessons.
Driving back home from a trip we often talk about the place we just visited. Besides the evident things we observed, we also talk about the feelings we had, about how people live or used to live in that place. In the end, we try to make conclusions about our thoughts. Doing so, traveling has not only taught us many lessons about the world but also about life and ourselves.
Here are some valuable travel lessons we learned until now:
- Castles taught us not to accumulate so many things. To live a simple/modest life. Because everything that is “material” is going to be left behind…
- Memorable moments, love and relationships bring us more happiness and make us feel fulfilled more than any tangible things.
- Time is running very fast… and our lives are running with it.
- The most beautiful experiences in our lives are free or cost almost nothing, we just need to open our eyes, mind, and soul to let them happen.
- We should always travel having an open mind and a positive attitude. Happy thoughts attract happy moments! An open mind is the most precious gift we can offer ourselves.
- People around the world have the same basic needs and desires. Regardless of where we come from, what we look like or what language we speak. We are all human beings and this matters the most…
- More than half of human communication is nonverbal. We just must be careful of gestures and facial expressions. We will find out more about what a person wants to convey if we listen to their body language.
- In life, everything happens for a reason. In the end, any problems will find their solutions.
- Mother Nature is omniscient. We should all go back to her more often to become healthier, both physically and mentally.
“You have succeeded in life when all you really want is only what you really need.” – Vernon Howard
Author: Nicoleta Galea